Five Places to Eat in Norwich

Welcome back

Everyone that knows me knows that I am a masssiiiive foodie so really, I think this post is a little overdue. Over the last few years, I have tried to steer away from chain restaurants and started eating in local restaurants. I generally feel like the food is better and so is the experience, there's nothing like a personal touch on food. In this post, I will be talking about five food places that you should definitely try if you're in the Norwich area.

Benedicts 
We went to Benedicts last year for a Valentines day meal and I'm not going to lie, this is a bit of a pricey one but I think it's worth it if you've got an occasion such as an anniversary or a birthday. Our coats were taken on arrival and we had a really nice seat by the window, perfect if you love people watching as much as me. It's quite a small restaurant so I would recommend booking if you're interested. We went for three courses, as far as I remember there was a set price for the 3 courses although I believe you can have up to 8! In between our courses we were also brought small appetizer such as crisps and canapés. I always think this is such a nice extra. Sometimes in high end restaurants, you can get quite small portions especially for the price but I felt like the portions were the perfect size. Overall, I really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food was delicious. I definitely think you get what you pay for with Benedicts.
I would recommend: Gressingham Duck and Nanny Bush's Trifle.



The Dial House 
We visited the Dial House recently on a Sunday for an afternoon roast. I absolutely loved the building not only on the inside but it also looks so nice from the outside. We were really lucky as we managed to get a seat right by the fire. Our roast came on a sharing plate so we were able to add what we wanted on our plates. I thought this was quite a good way of doing this. The food was delicious and I also loved the atmosphere, I think this place is perfect for a Sunday lunch. I believe it was around £14 for each dinner so a little bit pricey but again, you get a good amount of food for the price. I was too full for dessert so that must be a good sign.
I would recommend: Sunday Beef Roast.



Shiki Japanese Restaurant
This one is for the Sushi lovers so may not appeal to everybody but if you love sushi and you haven't visited Shiki, you NEED to go. I've been here twice and both times I have opted for a bento box, for the price of £25 you get two starters and a massive box of sushi with a bowl of rice and a miso soup. This is again a bit on the pricey side but I think sushi is pretty pricey wherever you go. I personally think for the amount of food you get it's a really good price. The food is incredible, the fish 'melt in your mouth' type and the rice is so fresh, it falls apart in your chopsticks.
I would recommend: Shiki Sushi Bento Box.



Blue Joanna
This is such a gem especially if you love Tapas. I have been here on a few occasions, it's definitely an affordable price and is a really nice place for a catch up with your friends. Everything here is soooo delicious. The only thing is that the restaurant is pretty small so I would recommend booking beforehand. Also the parking in the area isn't great as it's on a main room so make sure one of your friends drives if you're as bad at parking as I am.
I would recommend: the steak, the chicken wings, the brocolli and the sweet potato fries.



East Twenty Six
This is another Tapas restaurant and a place I will keep returning to. First of all, I absolutely adore the building, there is a big glass window and it's just so cosy inside. This is a bit more pricey in comparison to Blue Joanna but still affordable. Everything I have ever had here has been delicious and there's some great vegetarian options, too. Just down the road is The Wallow as well which is great for some after dinner wine.
I would recommend: the cod croquettes, hummus lamb smoked shoulder and the chicken wings.


Whilst I was doing this post I realised there's so many more places that I could talk about so please let me know if you would like me to do another one of these posts. Any other posts suggestion are also always welcome.

Anastasiya X

No comments